375o 20 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 medium banana, mashed (about ½ cup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray OR line with paper liners. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Mix well and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, applesauce, banana and egg.
- Add dry ingredients into wet. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in apples and raisins.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups; filling each 2/3s full.
- Bake until the tops are firm and golden.
- Let cool completely
NOTE: You can wrap the muffins in foil and freeze for up to 3 months.