400o 20 minutes
4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼” slices (about 4 cups)
2 Tbsp olive oil or corn oil
4 medium yellow onions, sliced (about 5 cups)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp thyme
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ cup milk
1/8 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven
- Spray a shallow 2-quart baking dish with vegetable spray and set aside.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until potato slices are just tender (about 10 minutes) Drain and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and garlic, cook until onions are softened and beginning to brown (about 15 minutes)
- Spread a thin layer of potatoes in prepared dish, sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper and top with a layer of onion mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with onion mixture
- Pour in milk and sprinkle paprika over top.
- Bake until potatoes are lightly browned (about 20 minutes)