ROASTED SWEET POTATOES WITH
CINNAMON PECAN CRUNCH
400o 1 hour
3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in bite size chunks
¾ cup brown sugar (divided)
2 Tbsp orange juice
2 tsp vanilla
1 ½ tsp cinnamon (divided)
1 ½ tsp ground ginger (divided)
½ tsp salt
½ cup flour
¾ cup chopped pecans
- Peel, and cut potatoes into bite size chunks and place in a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix ¼ cup brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla and ½ tsp cinnamon and ground ginger.
- Place this mix in with potatoes and mix to cover potatoes.
- Place 2 Tbsp butter on top of potatoes
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine flour, salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger, and 4 Tbsp butter. Mix well until crumbly. Stir in pecans
- Place mixture over top of potatoes and bake for 25-30 minutes uncovered until potatoes are tender.