350o 1 hour
- 7-8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored & sliced/quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- Prepare pie crust (see Shaker Pie Crust recipe) bottom and place in pie pan
- In measuring cup, stir together sugar and cinnamon
- Place sliced/quartered apples around edge and then fill in rest of pie, making it taller through the middle.
- Pour sugar/cinnamon mixture over the apples
- Add flour on top to make it less runny
- Prepare pie crust top and place over top
- Cut vent slits in top crust for heat to escape
- You can brush some milk onto the top of the pie crust and sprinkle sugar over top. It will brown the crust and sweeten it up a little.