- 8oz spicy or sweet turkey sausage
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ½ whole wheat baguette, cut into ¾ inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add turkey and scallions. Break up any large chunks until browned and cooked through (about 10 minutes) Remove from heat and let cool slightly
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, salt & pepper. Add cooked sausage, spinach, cheeses and bread. Toss to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Spray 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread mixture evenly in dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Bake Uncovered until set and lightly browned on top
Make-Ahead Tip: Freeze the baked casserole for up to 2 weeks. Cover with foil and reheat at 350 degrees until hot 35-45 minutes.