SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP
- 2 10oz bags fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp lemon
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/4 cup parmesan
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, squeeze dried & chopped
- Mozzarella string cheese (for crescent bombs)
Optional – you can make “Bombs” out of these using crescent rolls and some mozzarella string cheese cut in thirds. Smear the mixture on a crescent, place a piece of mozzarella in, roll and bake.
- In large pot over medium-high heat, add 1 cup water & pinch of salt, cook spinach until done.
- In large pan, using a whisk, combine butter, onion, and garlic, stir until soft. Add flour and cook until toasted.
- Whisk in milk, continue to whisk until thickens (you may need to add more flour)
- Remove from heat, add lemon, worcestershire, parmesan and sour cream
- Return to heat, add spinach, cheddar, artichokes. Stir until cheese is melted and hot throughout.
- Serve with crackers