- 1 pkg (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 16oz sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pkg Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 can (8oz) water chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 3 green onions/scallions, sliced
- 1 large loaf brown bread (pumpernickel)
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients (except bread)
- The brown bread can either be completely cubed OR
- Cut out the middle and cube the large piece that was cut out. The dip can be placed inside the bread
NOTE: IF you opt to cut out the middle, the bread from the dip will get soggy. Suggest you completely cube the bread and place the dip in a nice bowl and place cubes around dip bowl.
SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP
- 2 10oz bags fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp lemon
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/4 cup parmesan
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, squeeze dried & chopped
- Mozzarella string cheese (for crescent bombs)
Optional – you can make “Bombs” out of these using crescent rolls and some mozzarella string cheese cut in thirds. Smear the mixture on a crescent, place a piece of mozzarella in, roll and bake.
- In large pot over medium-high heat, add 1 cup water & pinch of salt, cook spinach until done.
- In large pan, using a whisk, combine butter, onion, and garlic, stir until soft. Add flour and cook until toasted.
- Whisk in milk, continue to whisk until thickens (you may need to add more flour)
- Remove from heat, add lemon, worcestershire, parmesan and sour cream
- Return to heat, add spinach, cheddar, artichokes. Stir until cheese is melted and hot throughout.
- Serve with crackers
324 ° for 40 minutes
- 1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup green onions, minced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Don’t forget the Celery, crackers, etc. to dip.
- Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish and gently stir until well mixed.