2 cups sugar 2 cups 10X sugar
4 eggs 4oz. cream cheese
1 cup oil ¼ stick butter (2 Tbsp)
2 cups flour 2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
3 cups grated carrots
½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
3 small boxes of raisins
1 20oz can crushed pineapple (drained)
- In large bowl stir sugar, eggs, and oil
- In small bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
- Stir dry ingredients into wet
- Stir in carrots, nuts, raisins, and pineapple
- Bake and let cool
Frosting – cream all ingredients together and icing cake.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 5 cups (crushed) strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 box Sure Jell (yellow box)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 7 cups sugar
- Paraffin wax
NOTE: You will need 2-1/2 large containers of strawberries to make the above.
- In a large bowl, measure out the 7 cups of sugar
- Wash, hull and quarter strawberries (remove any white spots) and place in a large bowl
- Using the hand chopper, chop strawberries until they are in small pieces and juices are apparent. Then use potato masher to crush them down more.
- Using measuring cup, scoop out 5 cups of strawberries and place in a bowl.
- In a large pot over high heat, melt butter, add strawberries, water, sure jell, and lemon juice
- Stir often until it comes to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down and then cook for 2 additional minutes
- Add all sugar and stir constantly until it comes to a rolling boil again. Once rolling cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from stove, let stand 2 minutes and skim off any foam
- Using a measuring cup with a lip, scoop the hot strawberries into canning jar filling to bottom line of where lid will seal. BE CAREFUL the jam is extremely hot.
- Let jam cool completely (several hours or overnight) without lids on the jars.
- Once cooled, in a small pot over high heat, add block of paraffin and melt completely. BE CAREFUL, Paraffin is extremely flammable.
- Pour about ¼ inch of wax on top of jam
- Let cool completely, add lids and store jam at room temperature.
- Once paraffin wax is removed, keep jam refrigerated.
350o 30 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
IMPORTANT: USE WOOD OR PLASTIC SPOONS when working with the batter.
• 2 cup sour dough (from Nina’s stock)
• ½ cup butter, melted
• 2 cups flour
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 4 tsp baking powder
In large bowl, mix sour dough and ½ cup butter
In medium bowl, combine, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
Mix dry ingredients into wet. Mix well
Grease muffin tins with crisco
Place equal amounts of dough into tin
Let rise for 1 hour
SOUR DOUGH CINNAMON BUNS (Nina Ramey) 425o 10 minutes INGREDIENTS • 2 cups sour dough (from Nina’s stock) • ½ cup butter • 2 cups flour • ½ tsp salt • ½ tsp baking soda • 4 tsp baking powder • …
Source: Sour Dough Cinnamon Buns
425o 10 minutes
- 2 cups sour dough (from Nina’s stock)
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Raisins (optional)
NOTE: Use wood or plastic utensils when mixing batter
- In mixer, combine, sour dough and ¼ cup butter
- In medium bowl, combine, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- Mix dry ingredients into wet. Mix well
- Flour counter top and roll out dough
- Spread out and generously butter dough
- Cover butter with brown sugar (and optional raisins)
- Roll up dough and cut 1-2 inches thick
- Generously grease 9×12 pan with butter and place brown sugar over the butter
- Place the cut dough into pan
- Let rise for one hour
- Then bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
FEED DOUGH EVERY 5-7 DAYS
(have gone up to 2 weeks without feeding)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup WONDRA flour
Use plastic or wooden spoons/utensils
Do NOT bake the same day that you feed the dough
Always keep 1 cup of sour dough in container
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring out all lumps.
- Remove any extra dough from the stock container (dough will rise)
- Add this new mixture to the stock and mix well.
Makes approximately 8 large pancakes
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 egg
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
Blueberries, chocolate chips, etc.
- In blender, mix buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add in flour
- Stir in optional items if wanted
- Heat griddle at 350o
- Bake on each side until nicely browned